Monday, August 2, 2010

Sarah's Calgary 70.3 Race Report

For those who do not know Sarah she lives in Berkley, California. Sarah has been so busy with school and getting to the start line was huge accomplishment - let alone having a spectacular day! Way to go Sarah!!!!!!

As far as the race yesterday, after a bit oftime for reflection I've realized it was actually a really good day. The only part I'm not particularly happy with is the swim. It was faster than last year, but Ionly had a few minutes in the water where I felt good. I panicked at the beginning,could not swim straight for the life of me, felt really uncomfortable in the wetsuit, and tired overall. Lesson learned is that I need to spend more time inopen water (and thank you so much for the swim on Saturday morning, I don't knowwhat would have happened to me without that!)

The bike was okay. Not having ridden as much in Berkeley this year it felt like alot of uphill. My climbing though still felt relatively strong, and overall I washappy with my effort, even though it felt harder than last year. Time was quite abit slower, but that seems to be the general trend as conditions seemed lessfavourable (wet, and I think (hope!) not as good winds).

The run I was super happy with, although I went out a little too fast and failed tonegative split. I still managed to finish strong though so at least I didn'ttotally do myself in. Foot was hurting quite a bit over the second half, a lot forthe rest of the day, and a lot this morning, so that could be it for me for runningfor the next little while.

Overall I think it was a stronger performance than last year, so thank you so much for your patience, support and encouragement. With all the chaos of the last few months yesterday definitely wouldn't have happened without your coaching Richelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment