Monday, July 19, 2010

Christine's 2010 Coral Springs Race Report

Hello All

This has been an interesting season. Every race that I have done I have had to deal with “cyclical issues”, I have had some personal issues and I found out that I have low iron. Did you know that dizziness, heart fluttering, numb limbs, swelling and trouble breathing are all symptoms of low iron? Did you also know that there is good iron and not so good iron…I was taking the no so good iron? Chinook Oly was really hard for me, I had no energy, due to the low iron, and I was really hard on myself. I wanted Coral Springs to be different. Four day before I was really dizzy again and had low blood pressure (102/67), talked with the naturopath and learned about good and bad iron. Found the good iron and hoped that I would be okay enough for Sunday. I felt a bit better on Saturday. I also did the things you are supposed to do, ate well, rested well and trained well. I was just planning on finishing. Sunday am went well, once again paid attention to my food and ate a bit more than normal and planed for more than normal race nutrition to try to give myself extra energy. Found Nola and JoZ fast and felt aright. I really had only one goal, finish.

Got in the water and as usual everyone takes off so fast, I just got into my grove and did my thing. I have a great time first lap (15:30), second lap I was able to just flow and be a long, sooth boat; I started to pass a lot of people. This feels good as I don’t experience this on the bike or road. Had an excellent swim, 32 min.

Transition was okay. The bike was really good too. I was trying to keep my heart rate up, and average at least 30k/k. I was able to push myself. I had a decent bike. I was actually contemplating doing Ironman next year while riding…maybe

Everything slowed way down on the run. I had to stop twice for a bathroom break and I was dizzy after the second loop. Loop three and four had a lot of walking. But this is okay. I knew I was going to finish and not break down. I was a lot kinder to myself and I know that the results were not due to lack of training, I actually think because of the training I was able to complete this race. Just wait until I get iron…I plan on kicking ass. My time was about the same as Chinook


With Warm Regards
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment