Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tanya's 2010 GWN Race Report (coached by Angie)

Thank you Tanya... one of my favourite moments of the day was when you came up to me with a Cheshire Cat smile, and told me your time! You told me your best hope was 6 hours, and you’d just finished in 5:45 capping the day with a stand alone PR half marathon. Holy cow!!!! The work is paying off. You got it done and now you’re on to IMC. THANK YOU for your race report Tanya!!! CONGRATS!


AngieThanks for your support on the weekend. You helped me relaize that it really does take alot of work to improve yourself but it can be done!The race went well for me, I stayed calm during the swim, and made sure I ate lots on the bike, although i forgot to cut up the banana before hand so that was interesting trying to eat!My HR monitor clipped off the strap and had to put it in the bento box for the bike. Had to go by feel which wasnt a good feeling, my legs were definately taking back to me!I was thankful to get off the bike and was happy when I saw 4hours on the clock at the start of the bike. I felt good right away on the run and ran with a girl who was handicapped. She was running at a good clip. I didnt stick with her but she was within sights the entire way. It was fun to pick people out that I was going to catch up to next and found the K's flowed by nicely till about 17-18K. I realized it was time to pick up the pace alittle and finally rounded the corner to see 5:45. My goal was 6hours so this was extra special to be 15mins faster then my secret goal. My run time was the fastest half I have EVER run. 1:51 and change.Congrats to everyone else who who completed the race with smiles on their faces! I also enjoyed reading everyones race reports.

Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment