Monday, July 19, 2010

Danielle Jackson's 2010 Coral Springs Race Report

A crazy situation for Danielle! Wow! But way to get it done and rock a 4th place finish Danielle!

I thought I should send you this, just in case you're wondering if I actually did the race yesterday. I did! And I thought I had a pretty good day. I didn't accurately track my splits for the day, so I was counting on the event timing to do it fo me. Looks like I'm out of luck though. According to the Coral Springs results that just are posted, I wasn't even there.I'm not happy about this, and I sent an email to Trevor Soll to ask him how this happened. I'm pretty sure I know how; they weren't even checking the timing chips as they handed them out, and as luck would have it, mine wasn't working. Awesome (grrrr).

Anyways,I felt like I had a pretty good day out there. We entered the water right at 8:30 and I remember looking at my watch as I came out and it was 9:02.(It took me forever to get my wetsuit off, so I had a pretty long transition...)The first 20 km on the bike took me 40 min. I did nothing but pass people out there - and only got passed by a couple of really fast looking aero-helmeted sprint guys. According to my computer the course was actually 42 km long. But I forgot to check my finish time until it was too late, because I walked my bike back to the car. I'm pretty sure it was around 1:26 (ish). I know I slowed a little right towards the end because I started to feel a little tired in the legs and I wanted to save something in the tank for the run.(I had a pretty good transtition, except I had to run back to my bike for a swig of eload...)Here's where I wished I would have started my watch timer, because my heart rate monitor can't record splits, so I have a total time, but not an accurate run time. My total time on the HRM includes my transition from bike to run. I felt really good on the run. And I finished strong. I think I was right around 1 hour, but I'll never know for sure now. I was hoping I might have come in under an hour. At first I wasn't sure I wanted to do this race, but I got my shit together, and went out there and gave it 100% effort, and now I don't even have official times. Can't count on anything I guess. "You pays your money and you takes your chances..."

A few hours later, Danielle sent me this:
Okay they found my times!
swim = 33:02
bike = 1:31:03 (I know I slowed; and it was almost 2 km too long)
run = 1:01:43
Placed 4th in my age group. That makes me happy :)

Danielle

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Danielle! Bizarre they could lose your times ... but good they found them.

    ReplyDelete