Monday, July 19, 2010

Nola's 2010 Coral Springs Race Report

I wasn't putting too much stress on myself for this race. I had a pretty good sleep last night except for the rodeo that followed once Kevin got home. He was at a friend's house to play a game and got about home at 1:30am. I hadn't put the dogs and cats to their respective sleeping quarters and let's just say there was general mayhem when Kevin got home - dogs barking and Kevin trying to round up the cats (one did end up sleeping with us). I know going on too much about this - but I found it quite funny.

Anyways, I got up at 6am and had toast with pb and honey and off to the race I went. I didn't really had a goal in mind other than to have fun (and I wasn't really planning on racing). I found Christine and JOZ quite quickly and we put our bikes together. Danielle (Richelle's athlete) was there too. The 4 of us were together on the beach and did a group hug before the start and did a Team Trilife cheer! On the swim was where I really decided I wasn't going to race the race. I was really tired, but still felt good and I just swam my own thing. I think my transition went ok considering we had to strip our own wetsuits and I was out faster than some people who got in there before me. Mantra - smooth is fast, fast is smooth.

On the bike the 1st out and back I went at a leisurely pace - HR only 127! I decided to pick it up on the 2nd out and back and heart rate was def up 145+. Course was actually long - 42km.

2nd transition I was out quick. First loop was not my fastest and I started to pick it up in the 2nd loop and I caught up to Joz on her first loop. She was feeling dizzy, so I ran with her. I stayed with her for the whole race. I finished my race, pulled off my timing chip and ran out to catch up with Joz and ran with her on her final lap. I had fun today and I think I needed this social/fun race. Ally was there after the race and it was great to see another TTL athlete just out there to support her buddies!

I know I went on a bit for a non-race race, but I had fun and that was very important to me. My time or place wasn't something I really cared about. I saw other people I knew and it was just a good day. Great people and great weather for a race. Just over all a very good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment